Information concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Regular medical care has restarted in the Netherlands. The same goes for our medical care.
We adhere to the guidlines of the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM). In our clinics measures have been taken to insure the safety of our patients, staff members and visitors.
We keep a close eye on developments regarding the virus and the measures taken. Our protocol will be adapted to the current situation where necessary.
We plan our care in such a way that the 1.5 meter distance and other measures remain feasible for everyone. Be free to express your concerns. We are happy to take this into account!
- All examinations and treatments will take place at the clinics;
- Consults and intake interviews will take place by telephone or video as much as possible. If the doctor finds it necessary to see you on location, the doctor will discuss this with you.
- Social distancing: We will keep a 1.5 meters distance. In situations where this is not possible, our employees wear an apron, gloves and surgical mask.
- Do you need a supervisor at your appointment? As of today, we only allow one guide/supervisor per patient to bring and pick up. Supervisors are expected not to enter the clinic (supervisors who are interpreters/translaters or parents of children excluded). This may be difficult for you, we understand that very well! This way, however, we try to keep the 1.5 meter distance achievable within our clinics.
- We ask you to wash your hands upon entering our clinis.
- We temporarily do not shake hands.
- We will measure your temperature in our clinics. If there is a fever, the examination will not proceed and we will make a new appointment. We will ask you to go home and contact your doctor.
- If you have an appointment scheduled at PoliDirect and you have a cough and/or fever, please contact us to move the appointment. You can find the email addresses and telephone numbers of our clinics on this website at the locations page
- Are you over 70 years old? Then we speak of increased vulnerability. We determine how and when we can best help you through triage.
- Are you over 80 years old and referred for a stomach or intestinal examination? Then you will first receive a telephone consultation with one of our doctors. Together with you we will discuss your health complaints and look at the necessity of the examination.
- Wash your hands regularly with water and soap;
- Use paper tissues and throw them away after use;
- Sneeze and cough on the inside of your elbow;
- Stay at home, as much as possible;
- Keep at an 1,5 meters distance from each other.
You will find the most current information about the coronavirus on the website of the RIVM. They keep a close eye on the situation. You can also contact them on 0800 1351 if you have any questions.